7 Reasons Why Green Juice Should Be Part Of Your Daily Life
Many people consider green juices to be the best thing for our health. In a single glass of green juice, you get all the 'good stuff' out of fruits, vegetables, and superfoods. The result is a nutrient dense juice that is easy to consume and provides a variety of health benefits.
Perhaps that is the true appeal of green juice. It provides all of those benefits and nutrients in a single serving and there is nothing quite like it.
If you drink green juice every day, you can expect the following benefits:
1. Balance Your PH Levels
- Your body requires a specific balance and it can't be too alkaline or acidic. You need to keep the pH balance between 7.35 and 7.45.
- There are certain checks and systems in place within the body to help it maintain that range. When you eat processed foods or drink alcohol, however, it can cause your body to go acidic.
- As a result of the imbalance in your pH, the body will pull minerals from elsewhere to help keep it as close to neutral as possible. This can cause issues with your bones, joints and your digestive system.
- When you get enough green vegetables, it helps your body to maintain alkalinity. The easiest way to get those vegetables is in green juice.
2. Increased Energy
- What do you reach for when you're feeling drained? Do you drink coffee? It may be a healthy choice in moderation but it isn't the best option for the real energy that your body needs.
- 90% of all people are lacking in certain vitamins and minerals that are important to the human body1. When your body doesn't have those nutrients, it doesn't work properly and you can feel fatigued.
- A green juice will remedy the situation properly. They provide an energy left that is almost instantaneous. They are also different than caffeine or synthetic stimulant drinks because you don't crash in the afternoon.
3. Delayed Aging
- If you don't eat the variety of fruits and vegetables that your body really needs, you're missing out on something very important for your health: antioxidants.
- Oxidative damage can add to the physical aging of the human body but antioxidants help to protect you from that damage. Numerous studies have shown the link between oxidative damage and serious health concerns, such as diabetes, heart disease, and even cancer2. The best resource for antioxidants is found in fruits and vegetables.
- 95 studies from Imperial College London were analyzed and it showed something very interesting. When 10 servings of fruits and vegetables were consumed every day, it protected the human body from a variety of diseases3.
- That protective benefit came from plant food. Drinking green juice every day helps you to get multiple servings of superfoods and it can really add to your antioxidant intake.
4. Improve Your Gut Health
- The foundation of your health is found in the gut. A healthy gut can make the difference between being depressed or feeling happy4. In fact, it impacts your health in almost every way imaginable. That is why it is so important to keep your gut healthy and the green juice helps to support it.
- The reason why green juices are so important to your gut health is that they contain prebiotics and digestive enzymes. Depending upon the quality of the green juice you are drinking, you may even be getting probiotics directly. Those probiotics are good bacteria that help to support gut health.
- Everything about a green juice helps to improve the health of the gut.
5. Detoxify Your Liver
- We are constantly exposed to toxins from the world around us. They are found in everything from our food and drinking water to the air that we breathe and even the furniture in our home.
- These toxins strain the liver but a green juice can help to support a healthy liver and assist with the removal of toxins.
- Studies have shown that cruciferous vegetables, including broccoli, can improve phase II detoxification in the liver5. In other words, it makes your liver more efficient at removing toxins from the body.
- When you consume a daily green juice, you help your liver to fight against the toxins that it is exposed to every day.
6. Boost Your Immune System
- We all recognize the benefit of having a healthy immune system and the nutrition packed punch that is provided by a green juice supports it nicely.
- You can liken it to an automobile that needs gas, oil, and lubricants. There are certain nutrients that your immune system needs to operate properly as well. You need to replenish them regularly and if you don't, problems are quick to happen.
- As an example, you are much more likely to catch a cold or the flu if you have a zinc deficiency6. Getting your daily dose of vitamin C can also help to boost the immune system. Drinking daily green juice can help to replenish the nutrients that are needed by the immune system.
7. Includes Bioavailable Nutrients
- You might be curious about using a multivitamin to keep your current daily nutrients in check. Unfortunately, most multivitamins are produced in the laboratory along with harsh chemicals and solvents.
- The artificial vitamins that provide the 'nutrients' are, therefore, not absorbed very well.
- When you have a daily green juice, it contains the vitamins and minerals in a bioavailable form. With all of the enzymes and cofactors intact, they can be absorbed easily by the body. In other words, your body gets the maximum nutritional punch out of the green juice when compared to a typical multivitamin.
To get the most out of the green juice, make sure you are using organic produce. This can be difficult (and expensive) but when you choose a high-quality organic green juice powder, it can make it easy for you to drink your way to a healthier you.
References: 1. https://epi.grants.cancer.gov/diet/usualintakes/pop/2007-10/, Usual Dietary Intakes: Food Intakes, U.S. Population, 2007-10 2. http://bsherman.net/freeradicals.htm, An excerpt from the medical textbook Contemporary Ayurveda 3. http://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/177778/eating-more-fruits-vegetables-prevent-millions/, Eating more fruits and vegetables may prevent millions of premature deaths, 23 February 2017 4. https://journals.lww.com/psychosomaticmedicine/Citation/2017/10000/Brain_Structure_and_Response_to_Emotional_Stimuli.10.aspx, Brain Structure and Response to Emotional Stimuli as Related to Gut Microbial Profiles in Healthy Women, October 2017 5. https://nutritionfacts.org/2013/07/18/broccoli-boosts-liver-detox-enzymes/, Broccoli Boosts Liver Detox Enzymes, July 18th, 2013 6. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9701160, Zinc and immune function: the biological basis of altered resistance to infection, 1998 Aug;68(2 Suppl):447S-463S. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/68.2.447S