5 Foods High In Magnesium and Their Health Benefits
- Stress and Anxiety
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- High Blood Pressure
- Hormone Imbalance
- Migraine Headaches
Magnesium is responsible for enabling over 300 enzymes in the human body to function properly. These enzymes provide a number of health benefits like regulating cellular energy production in the muscles, the heart, and the brain. Numerous key proteins are produced by magnesium including glutathione, which has been called the body’s “master antioxidant2.” The primary reason why many are suffering from magnesium deficiency is that we don't eat the proper types of foods3. Keeping in mind magnesium’s all-important role in health and wellness, you need to consider adding these magnesium-rich foods to your daily diet:'
1. Almonds Almonds are a powerhouse of protein and healthy fats. They help to reduce hunger by regulating blood sugar because they are high in fiber. People who are trying to lose weight may want to consider using them as a snack for that very reason. Each almond contains 80 mg of magnesium in a one-ounce serving.
2. Spinach Spinach is absolutely full of magnesium with 157 mg per cup. There are also many important vitamins and minerals in spinach that help your body to absorb magnesium.
3. Pumpkin Seeds Pumpkin seeds should be included in your diet to keep your magnesium intake at a high level. 184 mg of magnesium is found in only 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds. Eating just a small amount daily will help you get halfway to your recommended daily allowance (RDA)
4. Avocados Avocados provide a ton of nutrients that are good for your heart and brain health. Each avocado contains more potassium than a banana and more than 58 mg of magnesium.
5. Cultured Yogurt Cultured yogurt is an excellent source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, probiotics, vitamins, and minerals. It also contains 30 mg of magnesium per cup making it an excellent choice to consume.
If you are not able to eat at least one of these foods on a daily basis you may also consider adding a whole-food Magnesium supplement such as the one offered by NATURELO.