How to Ease Joint Pain and Improve Joint Health
Joint pain is a common problem among adults. The CDC estimates that more than 54 million in the U.S.suffer from arthritis symptoms1.
What causes joint pain?
Joints are where the ends of the bones meet. They allow the bones to move and lets you perform physical actions such as walking, climbing, or lifting. Joints include shoulders, hips, elbows, knees, and wrists.
Cartilage is an essential component of joints. It is a type of connective tissue that is found in many areas of the body, including the joints. The cartilage acts as a cushion and shock absorber for the joints. Joint pain occurs when there is wear and tear in the cartilage. This can happen because of many reasons. Here are the common causes of joint damage or joint pain.
2. Chronic inflammation
3. Overuse of joints
4. Arthritis Both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
5. Other conditions like gout, bursitis, lupus, etc.
Joint pain due to arthritis is the most common form of joint pain. When there is a breakdown of cartilage, the cushioning effect on the joints is lost, leading to pain, a condition called arthritis.
In the case of rheumatoid arthritis, there is inflammation and swelling in the joints, which occurs when the body's immune system attacks the membrane that lines the joints.
How can you ease joint pain
Although for some people, joint pain cannot be eliminated, there are ways to reduce pain and get some relief.
1. Stay physically active: Although it appears counter-intuitive following a mild to moderate physical activity helps you. Stretching before exercise enables you to move with ease.
2. Lower weight: If you are overweight or obese losing some weight can help ease the pressure on the joints
3. Choose healthy foods: Take healthy fats such as omega-3 fats2 from fish, nuts3, seeds, and fish oil supplements. Combine this with plenty of green leafy vegetables to help lower inflammation.
4. Take the right supplements: Studies show that taking supplements containing glucosamine chondroitin and MSM supplement may promote better joint health by helping to maintain healthy cartilage.
Glucosamine is a protein-sugar compound that helps your body to make cartilage. Research suggests that taking glucosamine helps maintain healthy cartilage as well as the synovial fluid to help prevent joint breakdown and relieve discomfort.
It is a vital structural component of the joint cartilage. It helps the joints to withstand the "wear and tear “ that is typical in conditions of joint pain. Another critical role of chondroitin is to help retain water in the cartilage and thereby lubricates the joints. This property helps reduce stiffness and improves flexibility. Also, it helps link sugar and protein molecules to form glycoprotein, which is vital for structural integrity.
Methylsulphonylmethane is an organic sulfur compound that comes from lignan. It helps lower inflammation, which is vital to keep joints functioning well. It also provides a biologically active form of sulfur, a mineral that is critical for bodily functions. Hence, MSM is used in conjunction with other ingredients to promote joint health.
NATURELO's Glucosamine supplement with chondroitin and MSM helps ease joint pain and increase flexibility. The supplement includes vitamin C from organic acerola cherries along with Boswellia serrata. The product is formulated with the right combination of ingredients that work to protect your joints, reduce inflammation, and stiffness. It may help to reduce cartilage deterioration when taken for at least 30 days.
3. Effects of walnut consumption on blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors: a meta-analysis and systematic review, 2009 Jul;90(1):56-63. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.2009.27457. Epub 2009 May 20 4. Role of glucosamine in the treatment for osteoarthritis, 2012 Oct; 32(10): 2959–2967